BORDA 4x4 Off-Road Driver Training - Higher Level
A two day course covering all of the basic and standard levels plus an explanation of the various four wheel drive systems available, specialist driving techniques, self recovery, route planning, the environment and health and safety issues associated with driving off-road on steep and slippery slopes.
This advanced level covers most situations likely to be encountered in driving cross-country and is particularly important for those working alone and in slippery conditions with significant slopes. Situations that can be sorted easily on road can be very hazardous when tackled off-road, for example changing a wheel in soft mud needs very careful planning and starting to slide on a steep slippery hill needs new skills and confidence.
The course is structured to be progressive with ample time allowed for attaining high skill levels. We would expect all attendees to attain a good knowledge of their vehicle, be able to assess each situation safely and be able to drive off-road in a safe and competent way with minimum strain on vehicle, passengers, load and environment. It is BORDA’ s recommendation that those with no previous experience attend at 2:1 ratio and those with some previous experience may attend a 3:1 ratio.
Attendees will be awarded a nationally accredited certificate; all attendees will be given course notes.
BORDA Off-Road Driver Training - Higher Level Prices (excluding VAT):
- Two Day Higher Level 1 Driver - £749.50
- Two Day Higher Level 2 Drivers - £818.00 (£409.00 per person)
- Two Day Higher Level 3 Drivers - £883.50 (£294.50 per person)
- “A massive thank you to everyone who made our day out go so well. Everybody had a brilliant time and have said that it was the best one yet they loved all the events that we did………… so thanks guys and girls for the fantastic day and look forward to seeing you again next year.”
Jane Coote - June 2015
- “My colleagues were without exception impressed with the organisation and friendliness of your colleagues, and we all had a brilliant time in some warm sunshine. We have been having staff days-out for a number of years now, and this was by far the most enjoyable, fun and productive – we will be ta”
- “The day was a huge success for Daniel Watney. The fine weather helped of course, but we met our objectives and in the process enjoyed a well-organised day of activities and without exception everyone had fun. There were smiles and laughs all round, and unanimous agreement from all that it was by f”
- “Thank you so much for organising our event. The feedback I have received has been fantastic. Please pass on our thanks to your team. There were lots of positive comments about each of the activities and the individuals that ran them. Thanks also for sorting out the weather – we will expect this e”
- “I just wanted to thank you and Ian and everyone involved for a fantastic couple of days. We all had the best time! Your staff were wonderful, everything went incredibly smoothly and we have some amazing memories. Thank you so much, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with you all throughout the”
The Student Room - Sep 2014