Since the introduction of PUWER (the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) it is more important than ever to make sure you and your staff are correctly trained. PUWER requires that the risks to a persons Health and Safety, from equipment that they use at work, must be prevented or controlled. Quad bikes and ATV’s should only be ridden by those who have received appropriate and adequate information, instruction and training. Therefore PUWER requires employers to provide adequate training, including the use of any towed equipment or attachments and to ensure that quad bikes/ATVs are ridden only by employees who have received adequate training in their safety use. The regulations also apply to the self-employed.
If you are an employer, or self-employed person and you provide or hire a quad bike/ATV for use at work, or if you have control of the use of equipment, then these regulations will apply to you.
Our one day course is a BORDA (British off Road Drivers Association) certified course, officially known as an “ATV Stage 1 course”, and can accommodate between 1 – 4 candidates. The course will enable participants to meet the requirements of The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) and each candidate will receive a BORDA certificate on completion.
The course covers the following areas:
- Pre-course preparation
- Introductions covering the BORDA ATV stage 1 course and Operator safety
- Vehicle Mechanics
- Vehicle checks and specialist vehicle controls
- Initial Training
- Further Riding
We can carryout this course at a number of our venues or at your own site if deemed suitable.
Course prices start from £87.00 + VAT per person and depend upon the number of candidates, venue, travel and hire of extra equipment.
There are no activities matching the selection.
- “A massive thank you to everyone who made our day out go so well. Everybody had a brilliant time and have said that it was the best one yet they loved all the events that we did………… so thanks guys and girls for the fantastic day and look forward to seeing you again next year.”
Jane Coote - June 2015
- “My colleagues were without exception impressed with the organisation and friendliness of your colleagues, and we all had a brilliant time in some warm sunshine. We have been having staff days-out for a number of years now, and this was by far the most enjoyable, fun and productive – we will be ta”
- “The day was a huge success for Daniel Watney. The fine weather helped of course, but we met our objectives and in the process enjoyed a well-organised day of activities and without exception everyone had fun. There were smiles and laughs all round, and unanimous agreement from all that it was by f”
- “Thank you so much for organising our event. The feedback I have received has been fantastic. Please pass on our thanks to your team. There were lots of positive comments about each of the activities and the individuals that ran them. Thanks also for sorting out the weather – we will expect this e”
- “I just wanted to thank you and Ian and everyone involved for a fantastic couple of days. We all had the best time! Your staff were wonderful, everything went incredibly smoothly and we have some amazing memories. Thank you so much, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with you all throughout the”
The Student Room - Sep 2014